May 18, 2015

Changing Direction - Mini for Bloggers Quilt Festival - Fiberlosophy


Welcome to my blog - especially those visiting from Amy's Creative Side for 2015 Spring Bloggers Quilt Festival. This is my Mini Quilt entry for the Festival. 



Anyone who knows my work will see that this is a little different to my usual style. That doesn't mean that I haven't enjoyed this little project. Far from it. My approach was different and so too was the result. I made this mini for a recent quilt swap and so was inspired by someone else's likes!  I pulled some recently purchased fabrics from different fabric ranges - I then rummaged through my scraps and added the pops of orange. With no set plan I started making 3 different sized Half Square Triangles and went to my design wall and played. 


It soon became apparent that I needed to add white for balance and definition. The result is this 16" square mini I'm calling "Changing Directions".



A huge thank you once again to Amy from Amy's Creative Side for letting me link into hosting The Blogger's Quilt Festival. Take a look around! Amazing work as usual - so very inspiring. 





Happy Quilting! 
Jen


8 comments:

  1. Nice work Jen! You've got a really fresh and fun colour combo here. I love all the secondary patterns you have hidden within this too - you could really go to town with making different ones come out or recede. Just your fabric placement could make so many very different versions of this (which is one of my favourite things about patterns). I especially like the little triangles within the tips of your central diamond. That's just clever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea for a beautiful modern mini quilt! I love your design, wonderful fabrics and GREAT quilting!!! :)
    Greetings from Poland
    Kamila

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love to hear the process behind making a quilt and I love the fabrics you choose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great quilt Jen - so cool how you created it! Love the quilting you did too! Have a fun time at the BQF!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely. What a great design and the colours are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've made a miniature quilt in some of my favorite colors. The only color missing is aqua! I think this turned out beautifully. Best of luck in the Quilt Festival!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is all stunning: the pattern, the colour an the fabrics!! WOW!!!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo com
    ipatchandquilt dot wordpress dot com

    ReplyDelete