Apr 29, 2015

Butterfly Soar




I can now reveal my butterfly quilt as it has been gifted to my dear Friend. She had a big birthday last year and it needed to be celebrated with a quilt! Butterflies, Ladybirds and Calligraphy are 3 of her favourite things and I incorporated all three in this wonky improvised log cabin quilt! 

I started with 5 wonky butterflies and the design developed from there. I'm delighted how it has come together... Perhaps my all time favourite quilt!


Front.


Detail of feature butterfly.

Detail of front wonky log cabins.


Front and back.

A little ladybird for the back.

Happy quilting! 
Jen

3 comments:

  1. Love your design and quilting. A very speial gift which I am sure will be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love this quilt so much Jenny. It's beautiful. The organic quilting is just perfect for it. Hope your friend loves it (kinda sure she will!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Having seen (and coveted) this is person I can say just how gorgeous it is! You did such a good job on this one, Jenny, very hard to give away.

    ReplyDelete