May 23, 2013

Blogger's Quilt Festival - Throw Quilt - Over The Horizon

I'm an Aussie Expat and dedicated sewer!
We moved a family of 4 to USA in 7 bags.
How does one condense lives into 7 bags let alone an extensive fabric stash? Vacuum Packs!
The fabric in this quilt is from the "Suzani" range by Michelle Marvvig for Charles Parsons. It is the stash I snuck into our luggage! The reason - I vowed to learn to quilt while living in Utah.
I have used the EZ Dresden Ruler by Darlene Zimmerman, that I won (thank you to Angela Flicker) and I challenged myself to see what was "Over The Horizon".
Good things - I think!
Quilt measures 53 inches x 63 inches
 
 
The Front
 


The Back


 
Thank you Amy from Amy's Creative Side for hosting yet another awesome Blogger's Quilt Festival. Please visit Amy's site to see what everyone else has been up to in their sewing space and don't forget to vote!
 


6 comments:

  1. I can see why you'd want these fabrics to make it into your suitcases! They fit together beautifully in this quilt. I really like the fresh modern design of it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is still one of my favorites, your design is fantastic. I'm amazed that you are such a new quilter, I keep forgetting that! Your work is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful! I thought it really stood out from the crowd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love everything about your quilt ... the colors, the fabrics, the pattern, the backing, the quilting. Thanks for sharing ... :) Pat

    ReplyDelete