Jan 24, 2013

When Life Throws You A Curve Ball

Linking up for WIP Wednesday with Lee from Freshly Pieced

Over the last few days I have really enjoyed being in my messy sewing space creating this with my EZ Dresden Wedge Ruler...


I'm calling it "When Life Throws You a Curve Ball"


It is for a very special friend that I have, here in America. I will miss her terribly when we return to Australia later this year.

I have some lovely Hobbs Heirloom Wool Batting and beautiful variegated  Aurifil Thread that I plan on using for the quilting - just can't decide on how to quilt it. Wriggly lines or do I try and shadow quilt the wedges (and if so what for the edges)?

My Madrona Road piece is now ready for me to finish the binding.

I need to put a sleeve on my Dear Stella Quilt and make a bag for it before sending it off for Quiltcon.

Yesterday I received an email from Simplicity - requesting my EZ Dresden Challenge Quilt to exhibit in their booth at Quiltcon. This is very exciting for me.

Busy - Busy

Quilt on...




4 comments:

  1. This is lovely Jenny, I'm sure your friend will cherish it. I really like how you're outlining the fabrics. I'm sure it will look wonderful however you choose to quilt it, both ideas would work well.

    I'm going to miss you too! I'm glad we'll be able to stay connected online at least. You have such a wealth of knowledge and you make me smile.

    How exciting that you'll have TWO quilts at Quiltcon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Barbie.
      I will miss you too! It is lovely to have someone willing to share my knowledge with and have a laugh with too!
      Make that 3 at Quiltcon!!!!! This quilt is going too - in the Simplicity Booth!
      I really better get cracking so I can get them all posted in time!

      Delete
  2. I really love this - they make the most intriguing rows, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, love the pattern and fabric choices

    ReplyDelete