Jan 3, 2013

2012 Wrap Up

Wow - What a year - It has been great! Lots of sewing and not much felting. I'm ok with that!


I really started quilting in 2012 - in that time I have had my winning Dresden Challenge Quilt published in an advertisement for Simplicity and it was displayed in the Simplicity booth at Fall Quilt Market. That was fairly exciting for me. This quilt is also in the HMQS Catalogue! My guess is that you may see it hanging in the HMQS in Salt Lake City in May too, as the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild is having their own special exhibit!



Recently I received two emails from Quiltcon. One to say that they had accepted my Dear Stella Challenge Quilt. I did another little dance! What an honor and I'm so pleased that I happened to reread the entry form a few days prior to the entry deadline (I realised that I had the Dear Stella fabric in my stash, so why not make a quilt in 2 and a half days?).  The second was to say that they didn't want my Ez Dresden Challenge Quilt. There is some amazing competition out there! The best of luck to all who have entered their quilts!

The last project for the year was a gift for a Dear Friend. Does the fabric look familiar?


When I started quilting this with my walking foot - it started to jam! No time for this - so I pulled it off and gave it a good oil - in several places and put it back on the machine - try again - great for 10 mins! Off again - more oil - success! There is nothing quite like the pressure of sewing a gift on Christmas Eve!


Post quilting - I struggled with the straps - my needle didn't want to go through 9 layers of fabric! As a result I have to ask for my gift back so I can fix it! I guess I can call it WIP still ! I need a jeans needle and my machine serviced! A fresh start for 2013.

Linking up with Kati From The Blue Chair for her End Of The Hallway! Thank you Kati!
Also linking up with Lee from Freshly Pieced for WIP Wednesday! Thank you Lee!

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on getting into the Quilcon show! I entered but wasn't chosen. I'm ok with that for now. :) Next time perhaps. :)
    I love your bag - it's great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jenny and congratulations! Your quilts deserves to be featured, they are so beautiful! Thank you for visiting my blog and leaving a lovely comment! When I saw your chicken quilt, I remembered you! It's my favourite! Happy New Year! x Teje

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do such lovely work, Jenny. I'm so excited that your Dear Stella was accepted!

    ReplyDelete