Dec 7, 2012

Wedding Quilt

Last year my Father In Law remarried. I made the happy couple a new quilt. My first ever Quilt.
I scoured my LQS for fabrics - approximately 30 different fabrics.

While I was in one of these shops - I mentioned that I was going to make a large quilt in 3 weeks and that it was my first quilt. The lady serving me, I'm sure thought I was nuts and that I wouldn't be able to do it in 3 weeks. I did, with baby sitting help from my Mum!

 
I used a Kaffe Fassett quilt as inspiration (I can't find a photo of it now), from one of his books.

 
I added a red folded piping to the edge of the quilt before adding the boarder.
 

 
 
I had my Mum's 1984 Elna machine at the time and there was no way I was going to machine quilt this (I think that it is about 109" square) so I tied it.
 

 
 
My dear friend Vanessa Crisp (calligrapher extraordinaire) kindly made a label for me. 



1 comment:

  1. Congratulations ! This is a magnificent work, I would never have been able to make in so short a time. Love the soft shades and delicate patterns. I have never "tied" a quilt, that is a good solution for larger quilts.

    ReplyDelete