Nov 8, 2012

W.I.P. Jewelry Roll

I have wanted to make myself a jewelry roll for a very long time. Finally it is almost finished.

 
Just the binding to finish!

I went to SLMQG Sewing Saturday over the weekend and had fun playing with my scraps from my last quilt, pictured in the middle. Thank you Kati, From The Blue Chair for this photo taken at Fall Market.


 I came up with this...

 
Inspired by my recent fishing trips and the divine water in the alpine lakes here in Utah.
 
 
I wanted movement, texture and colour.
 
This is a closer view of the front. I used mainly folded strips of fabric and inserted other wedges of fabric.
 
The quilting was done with my walking foot in a random zig-zag.
 
 
The inside has clear plastic pockets for all my goodies! I can't wait to get all of my pieces sorted into this so I can use it and find the bits I want to wear.
 
I am linking up with Freshly Pieced - W.I.P. Wednesday - thank you Lee for hosting.
 
 

2 comments: