Nov 27, 2012

Berry Kona Solids Pillow

Ahhgh! The deadline is tonight.... cut stitch etc... with only several hours to go before the closing of the Fall For Solids Competition.

I was lucky to receive a 5" charm pack of Kona Solids in Berry at Sewing Summit Mixer.

Hmmm. What to do with it.... The Charm Pack spent time in my car, in the Laundry, in my Purse, in the sewing room and in the kitchen...


Colleen is a member of the Salt Lake Modern Quilt Guild and she showed us how to create the fancy little star and inset circles.  So I gave it a go...

I only had the star pieced and at 6.30pm tonight I realised that if I was going to enter I had to get a wriggle on!

And so this is my finished product.... just in time!

It has a turquoise invisible zipper, (not completely invisible) as my Bernina zipper foot doesn't get as close as my Phaff zipper foot and the Phaff is in Australia, not America.

I don't think that the colours are correctly portrayed by these photos. I had better get some daytime shots.

Going to rest my head now....

Sleep Sweet!

EDIT

Linking up with Quilt Story for Fabric Tuesday  and Canoe Ridge Creations They look like interesting and inspiring blogs.


1 comment: